Medicare Supplement Plan N
Medicare Supplement Plan N was introduced in 2010 as a standardized Medicare Supplement insurance plan, which helps you save on your monthly premium and offers the same benefits across all carriers.
Plan N covers 100% of the Medicare Part B coinsurance costs but requires you to pay your Part B deductible, excess charges, and certain copays for doctor and emergency visits.
Get A Quote Now
Coverage for Plan N
Medicare Supplement Plan N offers 100% coverage for the Medicare Part B coinsurance costs and offers a variety of other benefits for coverage regarding doctor or hospital visits:
- Medicare Part A hospital coinsurance and other costs up to an additional year after the benefits are used up
- Medicare Part A hospice care coinsurance or coinsurance
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Medicare Part B coinsurance or copayments
- First three pints of blood used in a medical procedure
- Skilled nursing facility care coinsurance coverage
- 80% of foreign travel emergency care (up to plan limits)
Medicare Supplement Plan N out-of-pocket costs
As mentioned above, Medicare Supplement Plan N will not cover the Medicare Part B deductible or excess charges. 100% of the Part B coinsurance costs will be covered, but expect to pay up to a $20 copayment for regular office visits and up to a $50 fee for emergency room visits.
Medicare Supplement Plan N eligibility
As long as you are enrolled in Medicare Part A and B, you are eligible for Medicare Supplement Plan N. Plan N was created for those who enjoy paying a lower premium, but are willing to pay a small annual deductible and some copays.
The first day of the month you turn 65 and are secured with Medicare Part B, that is when the first day of enrollment will begin. You will have up to six months to apply for benefits. If you choose to apply for benefits after the six-month period, there is a chance you will pay higher premiums or be denied coverage.